02 October 2015

Seasons and Angels

Today's gift: Changing seasons . . .

One of the blessings of living in Minnesota is the obvious and beautiful and exciting change of seasons. Growing up in Florida, I didn't experience the transition from spring to summer to fall to winter and around again in as dramatic a fashion as I get to experience it here.
The changes are especially apparent while standing at the end of the dock and overlooking the lake. I am going to try to take photos of this scene during the first week of each month for a year. It will be such fun to watch and share the delight of change! 

. . . and Angels

A friend once told me that whenever she sees a feather as she is enjoying the outdoors, she thinks of the angels watching over her. Today is the Feast of the Guardian Angels. During my prayer time this morning I read from the book of Tobit, "For a good angel will go with him, his journey will be successful, and he will return in good health." I rejoiced in reading this assurance that I have angels walking along with me and my shadows. I am glad for the feathers that I find on my walks--reminders of the protection of my guardian angel companions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment